maandag 14 augustus 2017

CatchPhrase A-F

CatchPhrase is the new challenge at Daisy Yellow, perfect to keep the journaling-flow going after ICAD! Tammy gave us 26 prompts to work in your own pace. I planned to do a prompt every other day, so I have time to do some stitching on the other days. This works fine until now, I have some stitching to share next time! Read all about this challenge at Daisy Yellow.

To make sure I do all prompts I made my first handbound journal with enough pages to do 26 prompts. I watched a few YouTube videos with longstitch binding and gave it a try. I’m very happy with my first journal!
Weather was prompt A. I made a collage inspired by Teesha Moore and added a quote. It’s Dutch for
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass,
it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Outline was prompt B. It reminded me of my Assisi embroidery, so I made an Assisi collage with a bold outline.
The Beatles was prompt C. At first I didn’t want to do Yellow Submarine, because I already did that in the 2015 Top2000 party. But I ended up using the same image in a different way. First I made a collage with watercolour paint, painted book pages, my hand carved stamp, ink and markers.
Then I cut it in pieces and made another collage with it in my CatchPhrase journal. It’s inspired by the work of Cecil Touchon.
Prompt D is The sea. I made a collage and used my hand carved stamp again.
Found poetry is prompt E. I made a colourful background and added my Dutch found poetry. It says:
The sun gives
3.1 million
square
meters
flowers.
That is
the new face of
having fun.
Prompt F is washi tape. To make it easier for me I used the word fiets, which is Dutch for bicycle.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. such creativity you have the most amazing talent at making these pieces and all so different.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I am always amazed at the versatility of your work. I wouldn't be able to come up with new ideas every other day!
    My favorite is the cut up yellow submarine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Queenie! I had to take a deep breath before I could cut my yellow submarine!

      Verwijderen
  3. Leuk, leuk, leuk! Wat heb je er weer mooie dingen van gemaakt.
    Vooral je Yellow submarine-uitwerking vind ik super!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Nel. Ik vond het wel moeilijk om met yellow submarine in stukken te knippen!

      Verwijderen