zondag 9 februari 2014

Shell chain stitch & beaded shell chain stitch

TAST stitch 97 is shell chain stitch. I’ve used it on my second pebble. I stitched two rows and decorated it with woven picots. The thread is cotton a broder.
TAST stitch 98 is beaded shell chain stitch. When I saw Queenie’s stumpwork lady a few days ago, I remembered the baroque lady I paper pieced in 2005. I used perle 12 and 2 mm beads to stitch a nice collar to her dress.
The pattern of the baroque lady is designed by Ula Lenz.

TAST stand for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. That is a great edge for the collar of the Basque lady. I love how embroidery can be incorporated with quilting.
    The Shell Stitch on the pebble is so lovely, like salt encrusted seaweed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. once again you have shown us how to use these stitches in our projects, many thanks

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Annet congratulations on you're wonderful journey - I have watched your stitching with interest all this time and feel I know you. I think stitching is like that it brings people together

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen